Salary £23,400-£28,000 per annum based on experience
*Deadline Thursday 30 July *
Remade Network is a social enterprise that sets up collaborative repair hubs with communities across Scotland and further afield. Our first project, ‘The Repair Stop’ has just launched in Govanhill, at 21 Nithsdale Street, working collaboratively with Govanhill Baths Community Trust, Repair Cafe Glasgow, Glasgow Tool Library, The Pram Project and Glasgow City Council. We provide affordable repairs in household goods and run a desktop distribution project to support vulnerable people across Glasgow, supported by the Scottish Government.
We are now recruiting for two roles: an IT repair manager and an IT repair technician to develop our IT refurbishment operations and customer-facing repairs. Based at Govanhill Baths Community Trust’s UpHub, you will support our growing team to build our business, and manage and develop relationships with our key partners.
Deadline: noon on 30 July, shortlisted candidates will be informed by 6pm, with interviews on 31 July, ideally in person at Nithsdale St (socially distanced) or if not over zoom. NB. If we do not fill this role by this date we may extend these deadlines.
– IT Project Management
– Managing sales, contracts, and distribution of our computer refurbishment business
– Carrying out repair and refurbishment of computers and other electronics
– Maintaining relationships with suppliers and purchasers
– Keeping excellent records, using established criteria and
– Recruiting and delegating work to the team
– Managing IT repairs across all our operations
– Explaining technical hardware and software repairs in plain English
– Organised, efficient and adaptable individual
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– People management experience, able to draw on different management styles
– Strong problem solving and research skills
– Ability to support, teach and encourage others to reach their full potential
– Strong commitment to Remade Network’s ethos and values
– At least two years’ experience in a management role
– Competence and experience with software and hardware repairs across mac and android
– Proven experience in a business, social enterprise or customer facing environment
Please apply with a CV and max 2 page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title ‘IT Repair Manager’ setting out why you want the job and why you are suited to it and including two references (please indicate if you are happy for us to contact them before interview). We regret we cannot enter into discussion about the role prior to application or provide feedback to unsuccessful candidates.
Place of work: Govanhill, Glasgow
Remade Network SC614047