Starting Salary £18,000-£22,000 (Full Time and Part Time positions available)
*Deadline Thursday 29 August
Remade Network is a social enterprise that sets up collaborative repair hubs with communities across Scotland and further afield. Our first project, ‘The Repair Stop’ has just launched in Govanhill, at 21 Nithsdale Street, working collaboratively with Govanhill Baths Community Trust, Repair Cafe Glasgow, Glasgow Tool Library, The Pram Project and Glasgow City Council. We provide affordable repairs in household goods and run a desktop distribution project to support vulnerable people across Glasgow, supported by the Scottish Government.
We are now recruiting for two roles: an IT repair technician and an IT repair manager to develop our IT refurbishment operations and customer-facing repairs. Based at Govanhill Baths Community Trust’s UpHub, you will carry out repairs and refurbishments to our IT stock, assist customers with enquiries, keep excellent records, and work across all areas of the business operations.
Deadline: noon on 30 July, shortlisted candidates will be informed by 6pm, with interviews on 31 July, ideally in person at Nithsdale St (socially distanced) or if not over zoom. NB. If we do not fill this role by this date we may extend these deadlines.
– Carrying out repair and refurbishment of computers and other electronics
– Responding to customer enquiries
– Keeping excellent records
– Supporting volunteers and trainees in the workplace and at external events
– Trouble shooting problems and researching technical solutions
– Explaining technical hardware and software repairs in plain English
– Organised, efficient and adaptable individual
– Fast, proactive learner
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– Volunteer management experience, able to support and encourage others
– Strong problem solving and research skills
– Strong commitment to Remade Network’s ethos and values
– Competence and extensive experience with software and hardware repairs across mac and android
– Experience in a an organisation (paid or voluntary) which demonstrates excellent communication and team-working skills
– At least two years’ experience in a technical role
– Experience in a teaching environment
– 2 years’ experience in a retail or customer facing environment
Please apply with a CV and max 2 page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title ‘IT Repair Technician’ setting out why you want the job and why you are suited to it and including two references (please indicate if you are happy for us to contact them before interview). We regret we cannot enter into discussion about the role prior to application or provide feedback to unsuccessful candidates.
Place of work: Govanhill, Glasgow
Remade Network SC614047