Remade Network and our community partners NG Homes, Cranhill Development Trust, Parkhead Housing Association and DRC Employability are searching for 20 IT trainees (FTE) to participate in a vocational training programme at Remade’s new Repair Academy supported by the UK Government Community Renewal Fund.
Trainees will work with Remade Network and their partner organisation to support the development of a repair economy and repair services across the city of Glasgow.
You must be based in the Glasgow area to apply and be aged 16-26 years.
This is a fixed-term, full time contract from January to June 2022. No formal qualifications are required but we are looking for a positive attitude, aptitude for practical skills and a willingness to learn.
You will receive Glasgow Living Wage (£9.50 p/h).
Deadline for applications is 13th of January.
During the six month training programme trainees will:
- – Gain practical experience in supporting our computer, electrical and textile repair services and digital inclusion projects
- – Develop skills in the computer refurbishment process through a structured learning pathway with clear learning outcomes.
- – Work towards a National Progression Award and College certification with Kelvin College (studying online and in person)
- – Work together in groups on project based assignments to develop your confidence, critical thinking, and communication skills
- – Good communication and a willingness to learn and develop your skills.
- – Commitment to working as part of a team.
- – An interest in the environment and an interest in technology, e.g. smartphones and laptops.
Training and Support:
- – IT computer refurbishment training through a structured learning programme
- – Practical repair skills and critical thinking developed through project based assignments
- – Coaching to develop your understanding of the computer lifecycle and environmental impact
- – Personal career pathway to enable you to develop skills, knowledge and expertise within a supportive team environment.
- – Support in developing team working, communication and business skills while working in your local community.
This is an exciting project to be a part of and a chance to be a part of a unique project in the City of Glasgow and contribute to your local community. This is a fixed-term contract, with employability support throughout.
Applicants are encouraged to apply to partner organisations within their local area. Trainees with addresses in North West Glasgow should apply to DRC Youth, applicants with addresses in Glasgow North East should apply to NG Homes and applicants in all of East Glasgow can apply to Cranhill Development Trust (G33) and Parkhead Housing Association (G31), depending on which location is nearest to their postcode.
Please apply with a CV and tailored cover letter with the subject title, “IT Trainee” directly to the partner organisation, setting out why you want to join the training programme. Please include details for two job or character references in your application. Contact details for partner organisations are as follows:
- DRC Youth Project: Gerard.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cranhill Development Trust: email@example.com
- Parkhead Housing Association: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NG Homes: Marion at email@example.com
Application Deadline: (Extended to 17th January, 2022)