Salary: £24-32,000 pa, 37.5 hours a week
(depending on experience)
Deadline: 12pm, Friday 9 April
Interviews: Friday 16 April
Remade Network is a social enterprise training and campaigning for reuse and repair based in Glasgow. We are building a repair economy through a community-led approach that challenges consumerism, creates local jobs, and builds new markets in repair services.
In July 2020 we launched the first ‘Repair Stop’, a pop-up repair and reuse hub in the Southside of Glasgow, offering repairs of tech, electronic and textile items to help customers to reject throw-away culture. We are now expanding as we prepare for a move to a new high-street location on Victoria Road in Govanhill.
We also run a successful desktop distribution project, refurbishing computers donated by Glasgow City Council to support vulnerable people and groups across Glasgow, supported by the Scottish Government.
We are now seeking to recruit a mature, experienced Business Development Manager to join our committed and friendly team. You will increase our business sales, develop our retail offering, and support and manage our growing team to achieve our targets for positive social, environmental and financial impact. Salary is in line with Remade Network’s pay scales and dependent on experience.
- Setting and achieving targets for sales and business growth
- Line management of the team, including performance reviews and appraisals
- Working with stakeholders to progress key partnerships
- Overseeing and updating key legal and contractual documentation
- Ensuring strong-record keeping in place across the organisation
- A strong commitment to and affinity with Remade Network’s values and ethos
- Proven people and project management skills, with an ability to set, review and communicate clear targets that bring the best out of a team
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to read and understand financial reports
- At least 3 years’ previous management experience in a commercial or non-profit setting
- Experience of finalising business contracts and closing business deals
- Experience of managing a team of more than 5 people
- HR skills and experience
- Marketing experience
- Social enterprise experience
To apply please send a cv and cover letter of no more than 2 pages to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Business Development Manager’ setting out your current salary, why you want the job and why you meet the criteria outlined above, together with two references (we will not contact referees before the interview date or without your consent).
We regret that we cannot enter into discussions about the job prior to the interview.
Remade Network SC614047