Application deadline: 31/08/2021 12pm
Job Types: Full-time or Part-time, Contract
Salary: £20,000.00-£24,000.00 per year
Reports to Business Manager
Remade Network is a social enterprise promoting training and campaigning for reuse and repair, selling refurbished tech, and distributing devices to people who need them.
We are looking for an IT repair technician to help repair computers, laptops and tablets. You will work across our projects carrying out repairs and refurbishments to our IT stock, assist customers with enquiries, keep excellent records, and work across all areas of the business operations. Some training will be available.
- Carrying out the repair and refurbishment of computers and tablets (e.g. Replacing tablet screens)
- Troubleshooting problems and researching technical solutions
- Sourcing parts
- Explaining technical hardware and software repairs to customers in plain English
- Supporting volunteers in the workplace and at external events
- Keeping excellent records
- Responding to customer enquiries
- Contributing towards the overall sales of refurbished tech in the shop
- Highly organised, efficient and adaptable individual
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to support and encourage others
- Strong problem solving and research skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and own workload
- Strong commitment to Remade Network’s ethos and values
- Laptop repair and component replacement on a variety of makes including Macs.
- Extensive computer troubleshooting and hardware diagnostics.
- Basic computer networking and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with Windows, Linux, PXE Boot.
- Experience in an organisation (paid or voluntary) which demonstrates excellent communication and team-working skills
- At least two years’ experience in a technical role
- Switch mode power supply repair
- Component level board repair including water damage repair
- Experience in a teaching environment
- 1 years experience in a retail or customer facing environment
Please apply with a CV and max 2 page cover letter with the subject title ‘IT & Electrical Repair technician’ setting out how you meet the job criteria and including two references (please indicate if you are happy for us to contact you before the interview).
We regret we cannot enter into discussion about the role prior to application or provide feedback to unsuccessful candidates.
To apply please email Nikki at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter explaining why would be a good fit for this role.
Remade Network SC614047