SALARY: £22,000-£28,000 pa (depending on experience)
Deadline: Friday 2nd April at 12pm
Interviews: Tuesday the 13th of April
Remade Network is a social enterprise that runs community repair and digital inclusion projects in order to tackle climate change and inequality.
We refurbish unwanted computers in order to distribute them to people who need them across Glasgow and we run the ‘Repair Stop’ in Govanhill which provides affordable consumer repairs in textiles, computers, phones and electrical goods.
This is a great opportunity for an individual to manage and support our IT repair trainees, working in a fast-paced environment with a friendly team in the Southside of Glasgow to help support our organisational goals. In this role, you will deliver and develop training, engage with stakeholders, and provide clear and supportive management and supervision to people from different backgrounds.
This person needs to be a confident communicator with excellent administrative and strong interpersonal skills. Previous management experience and good IT skills including basic hardware and software repair skills are essential. Additional repair skills, including advanced skills in repairing computers, phones and electrical goods, are desirable, but not essential. Salary is in line with Remade Network’s pay scales and dependent on experience.
- Supporting and managing trainees
- IT hardware and software repairs
- Project management, including project administration and reporting
- Carrying out regular supervision, appraisals, and reviews
- Designing and delivering training that achieves our organisational goals
- Ability to support and encourage others, including those from vulnerable groups
- Background in and commitment to education (formal or informal)
- Experience adapting educational techniques to different students’ needs
- Strong commitment to Remade Network’s ethos and values
- At least two years’ teaching or training experience
- Experience supporting young people from various backgrounds
- Basic competence with software and hardware repairs across mac and android
- At least two years’ experience in a management position
- Experience of phone repairs
- Experience of working in the voluntary sector in Glasgow
- Experience of the employability sector
- Experience of community development
Please apply with a CV and max 2 page cover letter with the subject title ‘IT Manager & Trainer’ to email@example.com, setting out how you meet the job criteria and why you want the job. Please explain what in particular makes you qualified to support and manage people from a range of backgrounds.
Please also include two references (and indicate if you are happy for us to contact them before the interview). We regret we cannot enter into discussion about the role prior to application or provide feedback to unsuccessful candidates.
Remade Network – SC614047