Application deadline: 31/08/2021 12pm
Job Types: Full-time or Part-time, Contract
Salary: £20,000.00-£23,000.00 per year
Reports to Business Manager
Remade Network is a social enterprise promoting training and campaigning for reuse and repair, selling refurbished tech, and distributing devices to people who need them.
We’re looking for someone with brilliant phone repair skills and excellent communication skills to fix phones, tablets, and other electronics to a very high standard, principally at our Victoria Street location in Govanhill, and in other locations across the city, and to sell our refurbished tech to customers.
Delivering a professional, quality standard of service is very important to us. You will be conducting repairs on customers’ devices to include: replacing batteries, screens, internal flex replacements, replacing cameras and other trouble shooting. You will also be able to explain these repairs clearly to customers, as promoting repair is at the heart of our company ethos.
- Carrying out repair and refurbishment of phones, tablets and other electronics
- Responding to customer enquiries
- Keeping excellent records
- Supporting volunteers and trainees in the workplace and at external events
- Trouble shooting problems and researching technical solutions
- Explaining technical hardware and software repairs in plain English
- Contributing towards the overall sales of refurbished tech in the shop
- Organised, efficient and adaptable individual
- Fast, proactive learner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving and research skills
- Ability to manage own workload
- Strong commitment to Remade Network’s ethos and values
- Minimum 1 year’s experience repairing smart phones and tablets
- Replacing iPhone and Android digitisers, LCDs, batteries and charging ports
- Hot air reflow and micro soldering
- Flashing and installing phone operating systems
- Experience in an organisation (paid or voluntary) which demonstrates excellent communication and team-working skills
- Laptop repair and component replacement on a variety of makes including Apple
- Switch mode power supply repair
- Component level board repair including water damage repair
- 2 years’ experience in a retail or customer-facing environment
- Experience in a teaching environment
- Full clean UK drivers licence, van driving experience
To apply please email Nikki at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter explaining why would be a good fit for this role.
Remade Network SC614047