Remade is a repair and reuse social enterprise creating jobs, tackling climate change, and reducing inequality.
When handing in your items for repair please be aware of the following;
– The advice and repair service conducted by our repair technicians is done with the aim of repairing any faults and reducing waste to landfill.
– All repairs carried out by our repair technicians are performed at the visitor’s own risk.
– Dangerous tools and equipment may be present and sometimes used in repairs. Customers must remain behind the counter for health and safety precautions.
– Parents must both exercise control over, and be responsible for, the behaviour of their children whilst visiting.
– A repair ticket must be assigned before any repairs can be attempted.
– Where possible the repairer will explain how the repair has been done so you can pick up new/brush up on existing skills.
– Items are stored securely overnight for safe-keeping and covered by our liability insurance.
– We ask that items are collected within 30 days. After 30 days of no contact we reserve the right to recycle any uncollected items.
– Neither Remade Network nor the repairers in personal capacities or otherwise are liable for any loss or injury whatsoever that may result from any repair carried out or for any advice or instructions given and used at a later date.
– Neither Remade Network nor the technicians in personal capacities or otherwise are liable for any accidental damage that may occur to either visitors’ goods or personal effects while visiting a repair kiosk.
– Additional parts such as phone screens that need to be ordered in will be quoted for and charged where necessary. Your technician will always give a quote for you to approve before ordering any parts in.
– Consumables such as leads, plugs, fuses, zips, etc. may be needed to fully complete a repair. Remade Network will provide such materials where possible, but where specific items need to be purchased the customer will cover the cost of the materials.
– Technicians offer no guarantee for any repairs carried out and are not liable if any repaired items do not work properly at home or break down again in the future.
– After making an initial assessment of an item, technicians are fully entitled to use their discretion and refuse to repair an item should they so decide.
– Customers are responsible for the removal of all items that cannot be repaired. We can however process items via WEEE recycling if required.
– Remade Network takes no responsibility for any item, repaired or otherwise, once it has left the premises. However if there has been an error in the repair, bring it back in and we’ll take another look
– All information is treated with confidence in accordance with UK data protection regulations. Providing us with an email address will enable us to contact you regarding updates to your repair.
If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.